About St. Thomas More College
Located in beautiful Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, St. Thomas More College(STM) is a Catholic undergraduate liberal arts college that is federated with the University of Saskatchewan. Any U of S student can select from over 230 Arts and Science courses offered through STM.
We acknowledge that we are on Treaty Six Territory and the Homeland of the Métis. We respect and reaffirm our relationship with one another.
1. St. Thomas More College is a Catholic college and an inclusive community.
- Founded by the Congregation of Saint Basil in 1936.
- U of S students of any background can take over 230 Arts and Science classes at STM.
- Provide opportunities for students to grow intellectually as well as spiritually.
- Committed to social justice and the common good.
- Support and camaraderie available through the STM Campus Ministry team and Newman Club.
- STM is home to a beautiful chapel where Roman Catholic Mass and Byzantine Divine Liturgy is celebrated.
2. St. Thomas More College has a Liberal Arts focus.
While STM students may choose any major offered by the College of Arts and Sciences at the U of S, our teaching focus is:
- Humanities: English, history, languages and linguistics, philosophy, religious studies.
- Social Sciences: anthropology, archaeology, economics, political studies, psychology, sociology.
3. St. Thomas More College is federated with the University of Saskatchewan.
While we maintain our own administration and receive our own provincial grants, we are academically integrated with the University of Saskatchewan. That means:
- We offer classes that students take as part of their University of Saskatchewan degrees.
- Students in any U of S college may take our classes.
- Our professors are fully certified: they are members of the faculty of the College of Arts & Science and of University Council.
- Any Arts and Science student may self-declare as a St. Thomas More College student. (Such a student will officially be an STM student, but will still be an Arts & Science student at the U of S at the same time.)