Michael Cichon - Sabbatical Leave July 1, 2015 - June 30, 2016
- Associate Professor, Department of English
- St. Thomas More College
- 1437 College Drive Saskatoon, SK S7N 0W6
|Education | Research Interests | Research Projects | Selected Publications|
Teaching Responsibilities | Administrative Responsibilities
- B.A., St. Francis Xavier
- M.A., University of Wales, Bangor
- M.A., University of Toronto
- M.S.L. , Pontifical Institute of Mediaeval Studies
- Ph.D., University of Toronto, Centre for Mediaeval Studies
- Mediaeval Welsh language and literature
- The blood feud
- Arthurian literature
- The Cult of Chivalry and the Religion of Love
- Wealh in Old English Literature
- Proverbs in Scots and Welsh
- Ywain and Gawain: A study
Selected Publications and Presentations
- “'As ye have brewd, so shal ye drink': the Proverbial Context of Eger and Grime.” Medieval Romance, Medieval Contexts. Woodbridge: D.S. Brewer, 2011.
- Purdie, Rhiannon and Michael Cichon, eds., and intro. Medieval Romance, Medieval Contexts. Studies in Medieval Romance. Woodbridge: D.S. Brewer, 2011.
- Violence and Vengeance in Middle Welsh and Middle English Narrative, Mellen, NY: 2009
- “Mishandled vessels: heaving drinks and hurling insults in mediaeval Welsh literature and law.” Canadian Journal of History.
- “Eros and Error: Gross Sexual Transgression in the Fourth Branch of the Mabinogi.” The Erotic in the Literature of Medieval Britain. Boydell and Brewer Publishers, UK.
- “‘Tis Policy and stratagem must do:” Rape, Deception and Vendetta in The most lamentable Roman tragedy of Titus Andronicus. Shell Games: Studies in Scams, Frauds, and Deceits (1300-1650).
- “Insult and Redress in Cyfraith Hywel Dda and Welsh Arthurian Romance.” Arthuriana 10: 3.
- English 110.6 and 112.3
- English 286.3
- English 301.3 and 310.3
- English 386.3
- English 401.6; 402.3 and 498.3
- English 801.3
- Associate Dean's advisor on the STM cohort program pilot
- Council Executive, Faculty Council