- Associate Professor
- St. Thomas More College
- 1437 College Drive Saskatoon, SK S7N 0W6
- Phone: 306.966.8047
|Education | Research Interests | Research Projects | Selected Publications|
Teaching Responsibilities | Administrative Responsibilities
- Ph.D., Religious Studies, McGill University, Montreal, 2000
- B.Ed., Secondary Education, University of New Brunswick,, 1993 (magna cum laude)
- M.A., Religious Studies, McGill University, 1990
- B.Mus., Music History, McGill University, 1984. (Practical studies in Church Organ)
|Feminist and Queer Theologies; Women in Western Religions; Theories of Sacred Music in Western Religions; Religion and Pop Music; New Musicological Analysis of Biblical Texts Set to Music;|
- "Wiring the Shulammite for Ecological Ends: Aesthetic Paradoxes in Barry Truax's Song of Songs"
- Monograph: Amatory Interventions: The Song of Songs' Queer Musical Career.
- "Doric Boot-Straps: A Musical Semiotics of Muscular Christianity"
- "Foul Ooze: The Symboloc Interplay of Music and Blood in Hildegard's Hymn to St. Ursula and the 10 000 Martyrs
Selected Publications and Presentations
- “Post-War Trauma and Postmodern Love: Musical Double Entendres ‘in’ the Song of Songs” Biblical Interpretation (forthcoming)
- "Sick with Love: The Musical Symptoms of a Shtetl-Bound Shulammite," The Bible At Humanity's Limits. Semeia Studies Series, Society of Biblical Literature. Jennifer Koosed, ed. In press.
- "Penderecki's Iron Maiden: Intimacy and Other Anomalies in the Canticum canticorum salomonis," Bible Trouble: Queer Reading at the Boundaries of Biblical Scholarship. Semeia Studies Series, Society of Biblical Literature. Ken Stone and Teresa Hornsby, eds. In Press.
- "Sour Grapes, Fermented Selves: Musical Shulammites Modulate Subjectivity," The Bible and Critical Theory, Volume 5/1 (2009): (electronic journal).
- "Chastening Tale: Refiguring Woman Across the Christian Fundamentalist-Feminist Divide," Fundamentalism and Women in World Religions, Arvind Sharma and Katherine K. Young, eds. New York: T. and T. Clark, 2007.
- Melting the Venusberg: A Feminist Theology of Music, New York: Continuum Publishing Group, 2004.
- "Re-Vamping the Cross: Galas's Musical Mnemonic of Promiscuity," Theology and Sexuality, Volume 15 (2001): 57-77.
- Religion, Globalisation, and Social Justice
- Gender and God-Talk
- Sex, God, Rock n' Roll: Re-vamping the Sacred
- History of Christian Thought
- Women and Western Religious Traditions
- Seminar on Religion and Embodiment
- Planning Committee for Graduate Program in Women and Gender Studies
- U of S Religious Studies Undergraduate and Graduate Committees
- Member of the U of S College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Member of the STM Professional and Community Service Committee