- David McGrane, Loleen Berdahl, and Kirk Clavelle, "Priming the Voter: Assessing the Implications of Economic Perceptions on Evaluations of Leaders and Parties", Canadian Political Science Review, Volume 9, Number 1, (2015), pp. 92-111.
- Jason Roy and David McGrane, "Explaining Canadian Provincial Voting Behaviour: Nuance or Parsimony", Canadian Political Science Review, Volume 9, Number 1, (2015), pp. 75-91.
David McGrane and Loleen Berdahl. "Social Unionism, Public Relations, and Support for Unions: A Case Study of Public Opinion in Saskatchewan, Canada", Global Labour Journal, Volume 6, Number 1, (2015), pp. 62-78.
Loleen Berdahl, Stephen White, David McGrane, and Michael A. Atkinson. "Symbols, Self-Interest and Labour Policy Attitudes: Evidence from Saskatchewan", Industrial Relations/Relations industrielles, Volume 69, Number 4, (2014), pp. 665-686.
David McGrane, "Bureaucratic champions and Unified Childcare Sectors: Neo-liberalism and Inclusive Liberalism in Atlantic Canadian Childcare Systems", International Journal of Child Care and Education Policy, Volume 8, Number 1, (2014), pp. 1-20.
- David McGrane, Remaining Loyal: Social Democracy in Quebec and Saskatchewan, Montreal: McGill-Queen's University Press, 2014.
David McGrane, Stephen White, Loleen Berdahl, Michael Atkinson, "Leadership, Partisan Loyalty, and Issue Salience: The 2011 Provincial Election in Saskatchewan", Canadian Political Science Review, Volume 7, Number 1, (2013), pp. 1-12.
David McGrane and Loleen Berdahl, "Small Worlds No More: Reconsidering Provincial Political Cultures in Canada", Regional and Federal Studies, Volume 23, Issue 4, (2013), pp. 479-493.
- David McGrane (editor), New Directions in Saskatchewan Public Policy, Canadian Plains Research Centre Press, 2011.
- David McGrane, "From Liberal Multiculturalism to Civic Republicanism: An Historical Perspective on Multiculturalism in Manitoba and Saskatchewan", Canadian Ethnic Studies, Volume 43, Number 1-2, (2011), pp. 81-108.
- David McGrane, "Political Marketing and the NDP's Historic Breakthrough" in The Canadian Federal Election of 2011, John Pammett and Christopher Doran (eds.) Toronto: Dundurn Publishing, 2011, pp. 77-110.
- David McGrane, "Which Third Way? A Comparison of the Romanow and Calvert MDP Governments from 1991 to 2007" Saskatchewan Politics: Crowding the Centre, Howard Leeson (ed.) Regina: Canadian Plains Research Center, 2008, pp. 143-164.
- David McGrane, "A Mixed Record: Gender and Saskatchewan Social Democracy", Journal of Canadian Studies, Volume 42, Number 1, (Winter 2008), pp. 179-203.
- David McGrane, "The 2007 Provincial Election in Saskatchewan", Canadian Political Science Review, Volume 2, Number 1, March/April 2008, pp. 64-71.
- David McGrane. "Limiting Fiscal Capacity?: The Relationship between Transfer Payments and Social Spending in Canadian Provinces from 1988 to 2002" in Constructing Tomorrow's Federalism, edited by Ian Peach, Winnipeg: University of Manitoba Press, 2007, pp. 51-88.
- David McGrane, "Western Alienation or Mere Critique of Federal Government Policies?: Saskatchewan Social Democrats' View of Federalism from 1900 to Present", International Journal of Canadian Studies, Volume 32, (2005), pp. 205-235.