Scholarships and Bursaries
Discover more financial assistance for students with over $150,000 in scholarships, bursaries & awards for entering and continuing students. STM students are also eligible for University of Saskatchewan awards. STM awards are administered separately from University of Saskatchewan awards. For the official awards listing please consult the appropriate STM awards application.
Applications for 2016-17 will be available August 2016
Scholarships* , Awards*, and Bursaries** Application deadline is October 1 - 4:30pm
*To receive a scholarship or award the student must attend the Awards Ceremony Saturday, Nov. 19, 2016 @ 2pm
**To receive a bursary the student must attend the Bursary Event Saturday, Jan. 21, 2017@ 2pm
- Entering Student Scholarships, Bursaries*, & Awards - APPLICATION
- Continuing Student Scholarships, Bursaries*, & Awards - APPLICATION
- Scholarships, bursaries, & awards for students of aboriginal ancestry are included in the 2 applications above.
Please apply for ALL scholarships, bursaries, awards that you are eligible for.
*If you apply for any St. Thomas More College Student Bursaries additional information is required:
- A student must demonstrate financial need. Financial need will be assessed at by filling out the 2016-2017 STM Financial Need Calculator: paws.usask.ca/go/awards
Step-by-step directions to access the STM Financial Need Calculator in PAWS:
- Log into the Scholarships and Bursaries channel in PAWS (paws.usask.ca/go/award)
- Click on the green "Apply for awards" button*
- Enter Aid Year: 2016-2017 and Aid Period: Fall and Winter Terms; select “Continue”
- Using the Application drop-down menu, select the appropriate STM Financial Need Calculator form.
- Entering Students select:
“2016-2017 STM Financial Need Calculator – Entering Students (Deadline: October 1, 2016)”
- Continuing Students select:
“2016-2017 STM Financial Need Calculator – Continuing Students (Deadline: October 1, 2016)”
*The second time you access the Financial Need Calculator, it will be under the “View or modify my award applications” rather than the green “Apply for awards” button.
- the St. Thomas More College Main Office (STM Rm 146),
- Dean Schmidt’s Mailbox, or
- mail to:
Student CategoriesEntering Students - Students entering university for the first time
Continuing Students - Students who have completed at least 18 credit units of university study
Aboriginal Students - Students must provide proof of aboriginal ancestry
Graduating Students - Graduating students are automatically eligible