Welcome to St. Thomas More College and the University of Saskatchewan!
We hope that your first year will be exciting, challenging, and rewarding. There are a few key things that you need to do in order to be successful at university.
Before classes start:
1. Prepare for Registration
- Meet with Dean or Richard for academic advising in May or June.
- Attend a U-Start Session in May or June to learn how to make a good transition to university.
U-Start webinars are also offered for those who cannot attend a session in person.
- Work as many STM classes into your course schedule as you like.
2. Register for Classes
- New first year St. Thomas More College students can register for September and January terms, using PAWS. (2016 initial registration access date for new first-year STM students is Saturday June 18 at 9:30am)
- STM has a new writing class, that any student can take, called INTS 103.3 "Writing for Academic Success". This course will help you write better essays and assignments, and that means better grades.
3. Prepare for arrival
- Back by popular demand! "Get More Focus" ealy orientation for STM students on Friday 19.
Before campus gets busy in September join us for a one day sneak peek of campus.
- Attend uSask Orientation.
- Apply for St. Thomas More College Awards for Entering Students in August or September.
Once classes have started:
- Go to class and get started on your readings/assignments. Seriously!
- You can pick up a copy of "How to Get Good Grades at College/University" from Student Services (Rm. 146 STM)
- Join one of the many student organizations at the college to meet new people, have fun, and for co-curricular learning experiences.
- Don't wait for your graduating year to start planning your career.
Even MORE resources for new first-year STM students:
Visit the uSask new students website.