The Les and Irene Dubé Community Service-Learning Program (CSL) at STM is a type of experiential learning which involves:
- Students being partnered with community-based agencies to contribute meaningful volunteer service.
- Students participating in reflection activities to help make the connections between their community experience and their university learning.
Students at STM can participate in CSL in 4 ways:
- The Service and Justice Project involves a) a service project with a local community agency throughout the school year, b) group discussions with your peers, and c) presentations from community agencies.
- CSL in Courses. You can incorporate local community service into a growing number of STM credit courses.
- Intercordia Program. See the world through the eyes of your heart with this international community service-learning program.
- L’Arche Canada Experience. Living and working with adults who have intellectual disabilities provides a transformative summer service-learning experience.
For more information:
Engaged Learning Coordinator