We have three academic advisors at STM available to help you. You can book an appointment online or by phoning our office 306-966-8900
Academic Advising Outcomes
If you get regular academic advising at St. Thomas More College and you do your part, you'll end up with a number of benefits.
Advising gives you
- A realistic plan to achieve your educational goals
- Working knowledge of your program requirements and relevant procedures and policies
- A better understanding of your program's curriculum and how the skills you develop in that program can be helpful professionally
- Knowledge of college/campus services and opportunities to assist you in achieving your academic, personal, and career goals
- A sense of what makes STM unique within the University of Saskatchewan
- A forum to make sense of your university learning experiences, both formal and informal
- An appreciation for the importance of lifelong learning
What's your role as the student?
- Seek out advising before problems arise
- Have regular conversations with your advisor
- Come to appointments prepared
- Spend time reviewing and reflecting on what you discuss with your advisor
- Study the policies and procedures that are relevant to you
- Take responsibility for your actions/choices and learn from experience
What will an STM advisor do for you?
- Listen to you and try to understand who you are and what you need
- Ask questions to help you come to conclusions
- Teach you where and how to find what you need to know
- Make suggestions and answer your questions to the best of our ability
- Inform you about services and programs that could assist you