Procedures for Building Access
- Entry to this building is limited to only students, STM faculty and STM staff until further notice.
- Access to this building by students is done through walk-up registration at the building North entrance. You must provide your name,student number and contact information at the registration desk. On weekdays, building access begins at 8:30 am and students must leave the building by 4:30 pm. STM is open Saturdays from 11 am to 6 pm (Saturday, Feb. 6 until Saturday, April 24).
- Upon entry to the building, please use the hand sanitizer set up in the North Entrance.
- There is only one access entrance to the building for students. Students must use the North entrance across from Place Riel for entry into the building.
- Everyone entering this building must wear a mask or face covering in all parts of the building except for eating food. If you don’t have a mask, one will be provided to you free of charge at the entry.
- An exception to 1 above; if you are here to pick up takeout food from Choices, please proceed directly to Choices, pick up your food, and exit the building. You must also wear a mask to enter the building.
- Room capacities are posted at the entry to each room. Please abide by these room capacities.
- Please social distance in all areas of the building where possible. Keep 2 metres apart either seated or standing.
- All students must fill out a waiver once per term, prior to entry. Waivers will be available at the north entrance and online. Please sign these waivers and return them when registering at the North entrance
- All students are required to answer the following screening questions prior to entry and if the answer is yes to any question, please do not enter the building.
Download Waiver Form *Drop off at North Entrance
- Do you have any of the following new or worsening symptoms or signs?
New or worsening cough
Shortness of breath
Runny nose, sneezing or nasal congestion(in absence of underlying reasons for symptoms such as seasonal allergies and postnasal drip)
New smell or taste disorder(s)
Nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain
- Have you travelled outside of Canada or had close contact with anyone that has travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days?
- Do you have a fever?
- Have you had close contact with anyone with respiratory illness or a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19?
Results of Screening Questions:
- If you answer NO to all questions from 1 through 4 and do not have a fever, you can enter STM.
- If you answer YES to any question from 1 through 3, you cannot enter STM. You should go home to self-isolate immediately.
- If you answer YES to question 4, you cannot enter STM