Reference ServicesStudents, faculty, staff, and members of the public are encouraged to ask for assistance at the Circulation Desk or call 306-966-8916. For help in conducting research or finding journal articles, users are encouraged to consult library staff during office hours (M-F: 8:30 to 4:30).
Anyone with a University of Saskatchewan library card may borrow STM Library items. A University Alumni Card can be acquired free of charge from the Alumni Office. Anyone without a University of Saskatchewan library card may acquire a St. Thomas More College Library card free of charge from the library office staff for use at the STM Library only and entitles one to borrow up to five items.
General Book Collection: 30 days.
Reserve Material: 4-hour in-library use, 24 hours, 72 hours.
Bound Periodicals: 30 days.
Reference Works / Unbound Periodicals: in-library use only.
Borrowers may renew books through the online catalogue, or at any circulation desk on campus unless the books have been requested by another patron. Items may be renewed twice. Reserve materials and bound periodicals may not be renewed.
Holds may be placed only on books that are signed out to another patron. Holds are placed through the online catalogue.
Late, Lost and Damaged Items:
Fines are $2.00 per hour for Reserve material and $2.00 per day for recalled items. Unpaid fines result in a loss of privileges at both STM Library and the University Main Library, as well as notification to the Registrar's Office.
The penalty for lost or damaged materials includes the payment of fees to cover material and processing costs as well as any fines owing.
Patrons may request Interlibrary loans by using the online Interlibrary loans form
Computer AccessA Computer Lab is available in the Shannon Library for student and faculty use. It provides access to a wide variety of software, including (but not limited to): Microsoft Office; class software in the sciences, math, social sciences, computer sciences, and languages. A printer and a scanner are also available. Users require a PAWS account.
Wifi and wireless printing is available.
Photocopier/ScannerA photocopier/scanner is available in the library and is operable by the use of your NSID or U of S student card. There is a ten cent fee to photocopy, scanning and emailing is free.
Library Course Reserves
To access Course Reserve CollectionsTo view the holding in Course reserve:
InstructorsInstructors may place materials on Course Reserve in the Shannon Library. For STM courses, please house Course Reserves in the Shannon Library. To do so, use the following guidelines:
1. Fill out the Course Reserve Form online and email it as an attachment to email@example.com You can also print out this form, or ask for a copy of it at the circulation desk.
2. Bring the form, together with any personal copies you wish to place on course reserve, to the library office staff. Lists are processed in the order in which they are received. Please submit lists as early as possible.
3. Check the online catalogue to ensure that materials are processed and on Course Reserve prior to announcing them in class.
4. The Library will not be liable for loss of, or damage to, any personal items in the Course Reserve Collection.
5. All reprints of copyright materials must comply with the Canadian Copyright Act as well as the University of Saskatchewan's policy on the Use of Materials Protected by Copyright, Guidelines for Using Materials Protected by Copyright, and the Fair Dealing Guidelines. Visit the University of Saskatchewan Copyright website for more information.