Remaining true to the College focus on pastoral care of students, mid-September St. Thomas More College (STM) opened up spaces to support USask students in need of internet access and a quiet place to study amid COVID restrictions.
STM’s administration and newly developed Covid-19 Response Team, representing all segments of the College, gathered virtually over the summer months in preparation for this unique fall return to class. The reopening plan was submitted to Advanced Education, meeting Sask Public Health guidelines and the Re-open Saskatchewan Plan framework. Ensuring that protocols are in compliance with directives to restrict possible transmission of the virus, the following rules are in place:
- College access is limited to STM faculty, STM staff and USask students and food order pick ups from Choices cafeteria
- Face covering is mandatory. Masks will be provided for those without
- Social distancing is maintained; room capacities are posted
- Cleaning of College space will be facilitated frequently throughout the day
- Additional hand sanitizer, protective shields have been installed
As of October 1, student access to the building is offered only for walk-in registration through the North entrance (across from Place Riel). A 30 student maximum at any time will be allowed between 8:30 am and 4:30pm. College access is for space available in three areas: the student lounge, Choices cafeteria or the Shannon library.
All students must answer health screening questions when signing in, and fill out a waiver prior to entry. Waivers are available at the north entrance.